Thursday, September 19, 2013

Apple Shape and Color Match

Yesterday, to continue our apple theme, we played this shape matching game. I lined up bags with shapes drawn on them (yes I know my shapes are not perfect) and placed them on the floor. Just like the picture below, but on the rug.


Next I gave each child an apple with a shape on it. One by one each child came up and put their apple in the correct bag. They really enjoy rug times where they get to do something, so I try my best to do this as often as possible.

I also played this game on Tuesday, except I taped an apple (one of each color) to the front of the bags and had the children match colors. 

I also used the Apple Tree felt pieces today to do a twist on the famous Five Little Monkeys Swinging in a Tree.

Here's the poem
Five Litte Apples
Five little apples growing on a tree.
Teasing Mr. Worm,
“You can’t catch me, you can’t catch me.”
Then along comes Mr. Worm,
as quiet as can be.
(make sure you whisper this part)
 And CHOMPS! that apple
 right out of the tree.
(Make sure to clap and shout CHOMP!)

Continue counting down



No comments:

Post a Comment